Thursday 16 May 2013

Weight Lifting

One of the things that I do for my personal enjoyment is weight lifting. It makes me feel better and it helps with work stuff (until you've manhandled a 20-kilo IBM rack-mount server into its rails in an awkward and confined place, you will not have a clue what I'm talking about).

So here's the maximums that I'm up to at present:

Leg Press: 520kg x3 reps (now working on a better range of movement)
Dumbbell Bench Press: 38kg x10 reps
Full Squat: 100kg x5 reps
Dead lift: 110kg x5 reps (my back and legs can do more, my fingers slip though)
Hammer Press machine: 120kg x5 reps
Lat Pull Downs: 216kg x5 reps (the machine only goes up to 250kg)
Pull-Overs: 40kg x10 reps
Dumbbell Floor Rows: 43kg x10
Renegade: 20kg x50, x30, x20 (three different exercises)

I've maxed out three of the legs machines. Literally, you cannot put any more weight on them.

That's the weights, my PT has me doing other stuff too. I've put muscle on my chest and back, thickened up noticeably from how I used to be. The four-pack is starting to show through as the fat gets exchanged for muscle.

I also heal fast - a side-effect of a high-protein diet. My PT reckons that I'm a mutant.

I'm weird? Yep. Being weird is a side-effect of being fucking awesome.

Do you do this? Excuses are for those who need them. Men and women.

No comments:

Post a Comment