Friday 10 July 2015

Love Is A Many Splendored Lie

"I love you."

Yeah. You keep saying that.

"I love you."

Uhuh. Heard you before.

"I love you."

Whatever.

The word "love" - as repeated in various ways and with various intonations by teh wimminz - has as many and varying meanings as a woman wants to give it. Most only in the moment. To revise in the future when it's convenient. As fickle and changeable as teh wimminz themselves.

Which is fuckin' hard for us men to figure out. We use words in a manner which is pretty-much unvarying. We don't want them varying in the insane and roundabout ways that teh wimminz adore. Reason being that "run for your life there's a fuckin' sabertooth chasin' your ass" is a message you don't have the time for leisurely contemplation over - to try and figure out the real meaning that that cunt Sue was trying to put across in her sneaky little put down. Oh, that bitch!

"I love you."

Pull the other one, it's got bells on.

"I love you!"

I love you too, but I'm not in love with you.

The light dawns, both figurative and real. The seduction has faded with the night. The bloom has gone from the rose. The glaring light of day exposes the shabby furnishings and mean room. The Empress' clothing is strewn over the floor. The artifices designed to simulate a youthful shape are laid bare. The sagging and wrinkled flesh is plain to see.

"I love you." With a forlorn and lost look on her face. An ersatz - or real? - shattered heart on display. We will never know. We can never know.

Manipulation and lies, as natural as breathing.

For most (if not all) women the "I love you" is a reflexive and empty mouthing designed to elicit a trained Pavlovian response in a man. "Be my slave." For the moment, for a long time, for eternity? Or do you just want that horny little itch scratched again before I get on with my day?

More truthful might be her saying: "I care about you."

Do you? Do you really? Is that why you deliberately mess me around? Is that why you attempt to twist me into crazed distraction? Is that why you attempt to see how far you can push the boundaries, beyond all sanity, and then insist that this is normal and expected?

I luuuuuurve you too.

6 comments:

  1. 'Fifty shades of love', LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98pqW8h-sn4 - unbearably cheesy, I say.

      Delete
    2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqqVa1iJn9k - hahahaha

      Delete
  2. My mistress is big on the "I love you"s - I occasionally reply with "that's nice" or "you should". But as I've told her several times: Women say "I love you". Men do "I love you".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to stick with "I know". It's simpler.

      I've basically found that there's not much point trying to tell a woman anything. She tends to forget it all within a few days. Forget the good, obsess and fume and sulk over the bad stuff.

      Delete
  3. As an aside, some of the old Carey Grant movies have great replies to "I love you". I can't remember the exact movie, but one of the best was "Yes, I know. You already told me that."

    ReplyDelete